- Clients: Tourism offices in Riga, Berlin, Barcelona, Cologne, Stockholm, Copenhagen & Benidorm.
#mygaypride – Summer 2015
#mygaypride was a ground-breaking campaign that brought together LGBT and allied travel bloggers to experience the gay pride celebrations across Europe’s best cities. The bloggers visited and promoted both gay-friendly destinations and cities fighting for LGBT acceptance.
- Sharing our travel adventures in real-time on social media
- Telling our story through articles on our personal travel blogs
- Promoting the importance of the LGBT acceptance
- Inspiring people to travel through engaging and visual content
- Encouraging all people to share their summer of pride on social media
#mygaypride in CopenhagenSample Video: Copenhagen Pride video featuring Button & Bly
- Enlist 17 LGBT and allied bloggers to attend 8 pride events across Europe
- Promote the host cities as destinations for LGBT travelers
- Leverage straight allies for support of LGBT acceptance
- Enlist 100+ ambassadors across the world to participate in the campaign at their local prides
Pride celebrations are important public statements of LGBT rights, acceptance and the continued fight for equality. We believe there is no better way to spread this message than visiting these host cities during pride to increase the visibility of LGBT travel and acceptance through our inspiring, digital storytelling.
These 8 cities were included in the #mygaypride summer campaign
- EuroPride Riga (Latvia), June 19th – 21st
- CSD Berlin (Germany), June 26th -29th
- Barcelona Pride (Spain), June 24th – 29th
- CSD Cologne (Germany), July 3rd – 6th
- Ibiza Gay Pride (Spain), July 8th – 13th
- Stockholm Pride (Sweden), July 29th – August 3rd
- Copenhagen Pride (Denmark), August 14th – 16th
- Benidorm Pride (Spain), September 9th – 14th
The #mygaypride campaign generated numerous benefits and incredible exposure for all partners and destinations.
- Twitter: 4,300+ Tweets, 1,650+ contributors, 8M+ accounts reached and 35+ million impressions
- Instagram: 3,800+ photos, 290+ contributors, 360k accounts reached and 5.7+ million impressions
- Facebook: 150+ posts with an estimated half million potential impressions
- 80+ blog articles published on 8 destinations
- 100+ Ambassadors recruited from around the world to promote campaign
- 6 campaign mentions from LGBT media including Gay Star News, Winq Magazine, ManAboutWorld Magazine, Same Same, Divine Magazine & Shangay Magazine